I normally encourage you to ask powerful questions in order to get better results.
As a result of it I receive a huge amount of questions concerning women issues and women entrepreneurs.
What I discovered was that although women are praised for having great communication skills and are strong at verbal expression, when it comes to asking a powerful question concerning their business they miss the point.
Do you have the tendency of giving ALL the information and ALL the background knowledge before asking a question? Do you feel that you need to qualify yourself before asking a question?
If so, no wonder you don’t get the answers that you need to get you closer to your goals and dreams.
What you don’t realize is, that by doing so, by the time you get to ask the question, the person on the other side has lost the track of where you’re going and has no idea what you are talking about and what you want to know.
It’s high time you start asking the RIGHT questions and immediately!
I’ve seen it so many times that women entrepreneurs are so focused on their product or service that they totally miss answering their prospects’ wants and needs.
Are you focused on what YOU want to give your clients? or have you asked yourself what is it that YOUR CLIENT wants?
Here are a few examples:
- One of my students, a professional copywriter, wrote on her home page, “As a professional copywriter I help people communicate better their message.” But what her clients were looking for was an answer for: “How do I get more clients in my communication?“
- Another student, a personal trainer used the sentence “I help people with their weight and health goals”.That’s nice. But what her prospects are really looking for is the answer to “How do I lose weight quickly and effortlessly?”
- And last example, two students of mine did a joint venture and created a new service. On their brochure they wrote: “Mission Possible combines the synergism of a strategic alliance with high powered transformational training to qualify you and your business for center news..”
Could you guess what their service was? I couldn’t.
Apparently, they created a service that would allow small entrepreneurs to create mastermind groups that would allow them to grow their business and have larger networks, basically answering a simple question, “How do I grow my business?”
In each and every one of these cases, the minute the student was able to clarify what is the major question their client has, and communicate directly what does their service or product solve for their client, their sales multiplied (3-8 times in the examples above).
You can do that too.
Simply ask yourself, what is it that your prospects and clients are REALLY looking for?
- How to become more balanced?
- How to communicate better with their teenage kid?
- How to make more money selling XXX
- How to find their passion?
After surveying thousands of small business owners we found out 7 critical questions they’re looking to answer:
- How do I make a real difference in the world?
- How do I get what I want?
- How do I use my biggest asset (my mind) effectively?
- How do I stay focused on what’s really important?
- How do I differentiate myself from everyone else?
- How do I market my products?
- How do I find my passion?
Those are important questions that represent both the ambitions and dreams of our target audience as well as their challenges and frustrations
However, when we boiled these questions down and looked for “what is it really that they’re asking” – it became clear that all-encompassing question is “How do I make money doing what I love?”
Could you, as a small business owner, relate to that question?
I know I do.
And now – it’s your turn…
What’s the question you’re answering?
Can you put it in one clear sentence, that your prospects or clients will immediately recognize themselves asking the same question?
Take a moment then to share your question in the comment box below…
As a thank-you gift I will send you my webinar – Create Your Own Unique Message
If you find this article inspiring, please SHARE it on Facebook, LinkedIn or retweet it, by pushing the button on the left, for the right channel, so more women could benefit from it.Please share this article with your:
- - Facebook friends
- Tweeter followers - Twitter followers
- - LinkedIn connections
- and blog readers...